Wednesday, April 19, 2017

And Oh, Mexico. I Guess I'll Have to Go Now.

Another trip the whole family was on together in Chicago.

So, I got a text from the Coadster yesterday. It seems that she and her fiance have completely changed their wedding plans and now they want to do a destination wedding in Mexico. I get it. It was too expensive to have the wedding they wanted in Des Moines and they were getting grief about which family members they were choosing to invite...Or not.

They don't have all of the details ironed out, but they think they're going to still shoot for a December wedding. Not sure what that will do with the long sleeved wedding dress Coadster already purchased. I'm sure that it can be altered, and if that's the worst of her worries, it will probably be WAY less hassle than trying to have a big wedding in Des Moines.

What this means for me, is that I will have some Firsts coming up here soon. It will be my first real trip out of the country ( I went to Nogales, Mexico when I was a kid, but it wasn't any different than the part of Arizona I was in). It will my first time on an airplane in about 30 years. Nothings changed much since the '80's, eight? It will be my first time to see the ocean in almost 10 years. And it will be the first time I'll be the mother of the bride. Sniff, sniff.

As soon as Coadster lets us in on the details, John and I will plan our trip there. I think since there's all these firsts involved, we'll plan on being there for a little over a week. Either before or after the wedding festivities, we will hopefully get to do some hiking, and kayaking and snorkeling and maybe even some mountain biking. I am crazy excited about the whole damn situation.

No comments: