Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Life is Funny. Skies are Sunny.


So, I thought I might actually write on my blog today. I tried to put up a bunch of photos of last weekend at home this morning, but they didn't save, so I'll have to write that post tomorrow.

Anywhoooo....Today was the first day of the year that I got to run through a sprinkler on my morning run. I also had a fun iPhone playlist with bands that Start with T - Ting Tings, Thurston Harris, Three Dog Night, They Might Be Giants, Terrence Trent Darby (shut-up), Ten Years After, Tears for Fears, and Talking Heads. So the day got off to a good start.

This past weekend, I finally figured out that what I had was a stomach flu. One of the guys who was officiating the race our team puts on is from Cedar Rapids and he said he had the same bug and that a lot of people in CR had it. Then I remembered that I had helped a girl from Cedar Rapids a couple of days before I got sick. I'm just going to go ahead and blame her then.

After not being able to eat much and then only a few, bland things for a while, I decided to try to be better about what I put in my body. Eat less and stay away from processed sugar (no matter how much I absolutely adore it), drink less alcohol and more water. It's been working well for the last week. I haven't gained back any of the four pounds I lost while I was sick. This morning, one of my co-workers brought in a box of decadent donuts and I tried to eat one and after a bite, I felt super crappy. I stopped right there and decided the deliciousness wasn't worth how crappy it made me feel. I just hope I can keep on keepin' on this way...

Coadster is done with her first year of teaching on Friday and moving back to her home in Des Moines on Saturday. I think both John and I will be very sad to see her go. She has been such a wonderful room mate this year. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

Okay. I think I will stop with the randomness there. I hope your lives are all funny and your skies are sunny.

No comments: