Monday, February 08, 2016

My Brain is Hanging Upside Down


This weekend was kind of migraine dang doozy. I had a migraine for most of Friday. Saturday I was exhausted the entire day.  I should have known what that meant. Even so, I got a 3.5 mile run in and John and I did a 31 mile road ride, just neither of them were very fast.


I woke up on Sunday with a REALLY bad migraine. Probably the worst I've had since October. I watched a European cyclocross race and then I couldn't take the pain any longer. I took my migraine meds and slept for over 3 hours.


The worst of the pain was gone, but I was still pretty weak. We were going to swim laps and I was going to try to get a run in, but I couldn't do it. Instead, I read an entire (though, very short) novel and snuggled with Heidi cat.


I finally felt better in the evening. Instead of watching the Super Bowl, we met a couple of friends of ours for fondue and cocktails. We had a lovely night. The Super Bowl was on, but it wasn't all over every wall, so we could watch some commercials and got distracted by the shininess of the halftime show.

Here's hoping for a migraine free work week....

No comments: