Monday, May 10, 2010

And By the Force of Will, My Lungs are Filled and So I Breathe

Here is a blurry pic of me with the teal duct tape over my mouth.

Well, kids. Today was pretty uneventful...Which, in my world is a good thing. It was rainy and cool, I went to work, I gave plasma, I came home and spent some time with Stinky and I plan on cleaning the kitchen and finishing reading my book, Hard Rain Falling and possibly starting, Paul Harding's recent Pulitzer prize winning novel, Tinkers before I go to bed. None of it was anything special and I needed a day of nothing special - since special and eventful seem to have negative connotations in my life.

Here I made some Wonder Woman bracelets with the duct tape.

Anyway, in lieu of a proper blog post, I'm putting up the pics of me messing with the teal duct tape I found at the party on Saturday night. Mr. Manuel asked me what I did with it, so here I am obliging him. Enjoy...Or not. Whatever.

Here's me pretending to wax one of the party goer's backs with the teal duct tape.

And finally, we did a "see no evil", "speak no evil" bit with it. There really wasn't any way to do "hear no evil", though.

8 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
Duct tape and beer; makes for a night's full entertainment. ;)
rel

Tara said...

The "hear no evil" would've been a bit painful if the tape had tangled in your hair. It's good that you knew when to say "when" with the tape. ;)

I love that 10,000 Maniacs song.

Pamela said...

Did you know Lynda Carter can sing? apparently she can...

SkylersDad said...

Duct Tape back waxing sounds like Gitmo level torture to me!

Mnmom said...

Only thing more fun than a roll of duct tape is foil and pipe cleaners!

I'm easily amused.

laura b. said...

They say you can do anything with duct tape and obviously this is so true :-)
Here's hoping for lots more nice, ordinary days!

booda baby said...

I don't know. See no Evil looked like it could pop your eyes out. eeeek. Still, what a lovely color, that teal is. Pretty pain. Yum.

Churlita said...

Rel, Ha ha. There are few ways you can take that statement...

Tara, That exactly what we were thinking. You wouldn't be able to photograph it very well and there could be some hair loss.

Pamela, Really? Did she have a song out? Is she big in Japan and Germany?

Skyler's, I think you're right. That's why we just pretended.

MnMom, Oooh. That does sound fun. I like bendy straws too. Apparently, I'm easily amused too.

LauraB., Thank you. I'd like some unremarkable days for a while, please.

Booda Baby, The duct tape wasn't all that sticky, so no eyebrows were lost in the process.